To mark the first anniversary of the arrest of Dr Binayak Sen, on 14 May 2008 and to call for his immediate release a series of Free Binayak Sen Film Festivals are being organised by concerned citizens and groups around the country. Dr Sen was arrested on false charges of ‘assisting’ the Maoist insurgency in Chattisgarh.
The first such Free Binayak Sen Film Festival will be held at Jantar Mantar, New Delhi on 10 May from 7-12 PM. Other similar festivals are being held in the month of May in Bangalore, Chennai, Shimoga, Nagercoil, Gorakhpur and Imphal.
The package of 10 videos, presented in this Festival, highlight the issues of human rights and public health and deal with themes ranging from nutrition, greed of drug companies, environmental pollution and state violation of human rights.
For further information contact:
- Wilfred D’Costa/INSAF willyindia at gmail.com Ph: 011-26517814
- Satya Sivaraman satyasagar at gmail.com Ph: 9818514952
- K.P.Sasi, Bangalore kpsasi36 at gmail.com Ph: 09945282056
- Sarat Chandran, Eranakulam sarat at thirdeyefilms.com Ph: 09446426433
- V.Srinivasan, Chennai srini59 at gmail.com Ph: 09840081114